Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Eat it Tuesday (from Monday ... on Wednesday...)


I did have good intentions.

I photographed what I ate on Monday. I intended to make a "Eat it Tuesday" post on Tuesday. And, well ... here we are.

I am easily distracted by shiny, pretty things. I also prefer sleeping to pretty much everything else, so sleep has won over this week. I've also been enjoying the pretty, aromatic smoky environment I'm presently living in. Many, many forest fires:


Photo: NWT Sixtieth Parallel on FB

Mighty and stunning.
Summer just isn't the same without smoke and ash in the air.


Anyway, deliciousness from Monday:



Started my day with chia seed pudding and organic raspberries. With lots of cinnamon!


In the morning I had a few cups of Yogi Kombucha Green Tea. I was feeling pretty fatigued on Monday morning, so a boost was required!





Then for lunch there was some broccoli soup I had made the night before. I'm finding that I'm having a bit more of a time crunch over the lunch hour, so having something prepared beforehand is making my life MUCH easier.



I loaded the soup with nutritional yeast, which gives it a nice cheesy flavor (without the nasty effect I get from dairy). 

The afternoon was one of my favorite snacks. Organic, of course!:


Nom nom nom ...


Dinner was some leftover Luxurious Tomato Basil Pasta. It's so good. SO. GOOD.



My after dinner snack is my latest guilty pleasure. I randomly came across these chips while on a Westjet flight and they were giving out sample bags. I instantly fell in love. 
I love the Hardbite All Natural chips - just a little bit of salt and crunch. I could inhale a bag in one sitting if I let myself!

They are also made in BC, gluten-free, vegan, no MSG!



I may have finished this bag in a mere few days...


I went to the grocery store and there were no more Hardbite All-Natural chips left. It was tragic. Almost.

The really tragic thing would be ignoring the beautiful, clear sky and crisp air this evening. 
I think it's time for a stroll around Old Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment